Sunday, November 27, 2011

First Theory

Note, I have not done all of my research as of this moment, nor even red everyone's blogs, but I'm giving some of my theories nonetheless.

On November 1, Zeke Strahm posted the following that supposedly answered how Slendy came to be in the first place:
http://helpingthosehelpthemselves.blogspot.com/2011/11/mary-interview-part-2.html

This would seem like a major revelation and the answer to how this thing came to be... except for one glaring error: Reach (aka Raymond Shaughnessey)
http://whatyouareinthedark.blogspot.com/2010/11/forty-years.html

Reach claimed to be his slave for forty years. If that's the case, then how was Slender Man restrained by the cult Mary talked about in the first place?

My answer: He never was restrained. Odds are that, in order to sew confusion into the ranks of the Runners, it either planted false memories in Mary's mind, or was merely going along with the cult's activities for its own amusement.

Long story short: Mary's probably got nothing to do with Slender Man's rise in power. I will address another origin theory in a future post.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think it was so much that the groups Mary was involved with were "restraining" the Construct, so much as they were keeping him sated. They were doing all the dirty work for him, which lead to a long period of what you might could refer to as "dormancy," in which he wasn't really very active because he didn't have to work for his food. The dissolution of the cults however caused a revival in activity. That's what I am to understand from Zeke's Interview.

    And though I believe the Construct has existed for quite some time, you may have used a bad example there with Reach. I admit I'm a bit guilty of skimming at times while I was archive binging, but I believe the story eventually reveals that Reach did not in fact work for the Construct for "40 Years" but rather he was under the delusion of having done so for that long, when in actuality it had only been a couple years at best. But I could be mistaken...

    ReplyDelete